National Folk Heritage Museum- An Abode of Exploring Traditional Life of Bhutan
Bhutan, the land of Thunder Dragon, is an iconic country in the world which attracts many people from all over the world who loves to experience the rural life of Bhutan. Among all the places, the capital of Bhutan, Thimphu is truly picturesque destinations for its unique blend of cultural life and modern nightlife. National Folk Heritage Museum is one of the scenic sightseeing places which represent the authenticity of Bhutanese traditional life. This museum, type of farmhouse was inaugurated by Queen Ashi Dorji Wangchuk in 2001 which stands among the wheat and millet fields featuring a water mill with antique stones. If you want to witness the traditional as well as the rural life of Bhutan, your Bhutan trip will be incomplete without exploring this.
Ways to reach National Folk Heritage Museum-
To reach the National Folk Heritage Museum, firstly you have to land Bhutan is either by air or by railway.
- If you want to reach Bhutan by air, the easiest way to reach is taking a flight from your nearest town to Paro International airport. And from the airport, you can hire a taxi to reach the National Folk Heritage museum which will take approx 1h 19min (48.8km).
- You can also reach Bhutan by railway and the nearest railheads are New Jalpaiguri Railway Station & Hasimara Railway Station. From there, you will get several hired taxies or cabs to reach your desired locations.
Some interesting pieces of information about the National Folk Heritage Museum-
1. What to see in the National Folk Heritage Museum?
There are a lot of things to see in this museum-
- The 3-storied building of National Folk Heritage Museum
- Old household as well as farming tools like noodle pressing tool
- Leopard Skin Bags and Brokpa Yak Hair Hats
- Original water mill which is made up of white stone
- Greenish trees around the museum
2. What should you do in this museum?
- Learning the traditional farming method
- Get indulges in the Bhutanese traditional life by observing the tools & types of equipment which are stored in the museum.
3. What is the visiting hour of National Folk Heritage Museum?
The visiting time varies from season to season. However, this museum remains closed at Sunday and public holidays.
- April to October- Mon to Fri: 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- November to March- Mon to Fri: 9 am to 4 pm and Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm
4. What is the entry fee needed for the National Folk Heritage Museum?
The entry for the SAARC nationals- INR 30
Foreign nationals- INR 150
Contact with the most reliable travel agency for your convenient trip-
If you are a person of traditional life explorer of a particular place, you should choose Bhutan as your next holiday destination. And get in touch with us for your Bhutan tours for getting a more hassle-free trip. Bhutan Packages is considered as the most leading travel agency who organize your Bhutan family tour in a tailored way at a budget-friendly rate. We assure you that you will never feel regret about choosing us.
Recent National Folk Heritage Museum review-
Bhavna V, Mumbai: if interested in bhutanese culture, visit this place. we had food in there restaurant.. it was nice bhutanese buffet.. wort trying if u want to try their cuisine.
Review source: https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/398bhavnav