How is Paro Airport the first choice among Bhutan tour operators?
Did you know-Paro Airport achieved the 4th position with Expert awards for the best landing experience in 2014?
Why you inquire? Since Paro International Airport is Bhutan’s lone functional international airport! Shocked? We were as well, however not for a long time! All things considered, Bhutan is a truly bewitching kingdom with 4 airports. Among them, Paro airport lies on the bank of river Paro Chhu is the only international airport in this beautiful country with true happiness.
A Brief Idea about Paro International Airport!!
Set on the bank of Paro River, amidst lofty mountain peaks, Paro International Airport is considered among the world’s most challenging airports. Operated by the Civil Aviation Department, Paro Airport has a-
- 1,985 meter long asphalt paved runway.
- 2 terminals include 1 passenger terminal and 1 cargo terminal.
- It is only served by Drukair, the one & only national airline of Bhutan.
- Moreover, Drukair offers flights from Paro International Airport to Bagdogra, Delhi, Kolkata, Dhaka, Bangkok, Kathmandu etc.
- As the surrounding of the airport boasts undulating terrains, only a few certified pilots take to the cockpit to carry passengers only between sunrise and sunset.
A Blessing for all Bhutan Tour Operators!!
Just 6 km from the city of Paro, this airport makes simple for all the Bhutan Tour Operators to meet and welcome you promptly. Even, availing car rental in Bhutan is more convenient from this airport. The iconic features of Paro airport-
- The airport has 6445 feet long runway and cleared with black-top.
- The top of the Paro International Airport is 18,000 feet high!
- The airport offers limited flight services.
- Aircraft with only 18-20 seats could operate at the airport.
- It offers 3 registered airline services.
The Amazing Bhutan Travel Experience and some nearby hotspots!!
Your Bhutan travel experience, which gives you a phenomenal open door in captivating beauty, begins even before you arrive at the Paro International Airport. The Bhutan tour operator along with affordable Bhutan holiday tour Packages will give you the opportunity to see the real glimpse of Bhutan.
Some nearby hotspots of Paro airport, which you can explore-
- Paro Airport Bird’s Eye View Point
- Kyichu Lhakhang
- Jangtsa Dumtseg Lhakhang
Wow! Such a bounty of beauty! Paro is heaven for nature lovers!
Bhutan welcomes you
Your Bhutan tour operator will be there to welcome you and provide you with all types of packages including Bhutan honeymoon Packages. It is a little airport with stand out terminal so you aren’t going to get lost.
This airport isn’t just your passage to Mt. Everest additionally, even a take-off platform for your superb Bhutan trip!