A Complete Guide to Bhutan River Rafting From Kolkata- Which Will Give an Adrenaline Rush
Bhutan- ‘The Land Of Thunder Dragon’-
Bhutan is one of the quaintest countries in the world which is landlocked between Tibetan China and India. Bhutan is a mesmerizing country with astonishing high mountain peaks, many flourishing rivers, and serene landscapes. It is also culturally well-preserved kingdom that progresses under the philosophy of Gross National Happiness. Dotted by snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys, mesmerizing landscapes, serene monasteries, and holistic weather, Bhutan is recommended as the most spectacular destinations that draw the attention of the many visitors from all over the world.
Popular Adventure Sports in Bhutan That Gives You a Thrilling Experience-
Bhutan is a mesmerizing country with astonishing high mountain peaks, many flourishing rivers, and serene landscapes. However, there are numerous adventure sports in Bhutan which gives you goose bumps, among them River-Rafting is the most popular adventure activity in Bhutan. River-Rafters are constantly awed by the dramatic landscapes in Bhutan they float through. The Himalayan foothills are both the headwaters and a backdrop for many of Bhutanese rivers.
Choose the Ideal Travel Agency for Your Convenient Trip-
If you want to make a plan to enjoy the most famous adventure activities in Bhutan from Kolkata with family/ friends or with your better half, get in touch with us. Bhutan Packages is one of the most reliable travel agency which provides the best Bhutan tour packages from Kolkata at a very budget-friendly rate and organizes your whole trip in a much-customized fashion.
Here we provide the detailed information about Bhutan River-Rafting Trip to make your trip hassle-free. The information is mentioned below:
1. How to Reach Bhutan?
By air: You can reach Bhutan more easily by taking a flight from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport to Paro International Airport. At the airport, you will get several hired taxies to reach Punakha.
By rail: If you want to travel by train to reach Punakha. The route will be:
Kolkata to Hasimara by train-Hasimara to Jaigaon by bus-Thimphu
Some Highlighted Points about River-Rafting In Bhutan That You Must Know-
1. What is River- Rafting?
It means drifting down the flowing river waters in a rubber raft or kayak over turbulent waves and swirling fast-moving water using paddles.
2. Rivers for Rafting in Bhutan:
There are a few river rafting spots present in Bhutan. One of them is Rafting along the Pho Chhu (Male River) and Mo Chhu (Female River) along the Punakha valley are the most popular ones.
- Raft along the Pho Chu River with for 16 kilometers along with about 15 rapids of class 2-4.
- Raft along the Mo Chu River with 10 kilometers along with about 10 rapids of class 2.
3. Explore the Natural Beauty in Bhutan During Rafting tour-
Due to the high elevation of rivers, you can explore the amazing landscapes as you traverse along the river until you reach the point of the merging of the two rivers by the magnificent Punakha Dzong. Moreover, during your rafting tour, you can also witness the rare birds like the White Belled Heron and Kingfishers which are often seen in their natural habitat that is the lush green forests that only Bhutan has.
4. Things to Carry During Your Rafting Trip:
When you are planning a holiday tour, it is necessary to deck up all the important things including clothes, foods, and medicines. Before starting your rafting trip, there are some handy things which must carry with you:
- Valid identity proof- We all know that without identity proof we can’t even travel from one place to another place. So it is always important to carry valid ID proof with you.
- A handy water bottle- As it is a very adventurous activity, it can make us thirsty. So a small water bottle is always preferred.
- A pair of Good shoes /chappals /floaters- You always need a good quality of chappals or floaters for adventure activities. In river rafting, there is always a risk of high waves that can pull out of the raft, so your feet must be well tucked up in the shoes.
- Extra cloth: There is no doubt when you are planning for river rafting, you should carry extra clothes as you can easily drenched.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses should be included in your list for protecting yourself from the heat of the sun.
- Rain jacket: Raining in hill station is so unpredictable, so it’s always a better option if you carry a rain jacket with you.
- Camera: You can only recall your trip in future only by taking the picture of the mesmerizing beauty.
- Medicines: Travelling might take a cost on your health, so it is always recommended that personal medicines also pack with other things.
5. Things to Keep in Mind:
- The instructor knows well what to do and what not to do. So it is your responsibility to listen to your instructor and follow the instructions.
- River rafting is the most dangerous adventure activity. The waves are very unpredictable, so it is better to hold onto your life jacket.
- Your instructor recommended that while you are in between rocks, use your feet forward technique.
- For a long time exposure to sun, you can face the problem of tanning or sunburn. So it will be the goo for you before starting your rafting use a good quality of sunscreen.
Q. What is the best time for River-Rafting in Bhutan?
A. March to April and November to December are the best time periods for enjoying the river-rafting in Bhutan as this time water levels are balanced.
Q. What is the approximate price-rate of River Rafting in Bhutan?
A. The price-rate of river-rafting in Bhutan during peak season is approx INR 3500 and offseason rate is approx INR 1500.